Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Why so quiet?

I don't really want to think about how long it's been since my last post. Sprout is now almost 18 months old. Bug will be starting Kindergarten in a few short months. And oh yeah, I'm 19 weeks pregnant with a baby Bug has named "Wiggle". And wiggle s/he does! So humans and canines alike have been neglected while I struggle with nausea and exhaustion. Agility with Havana was not particularly successful as I looked like I was going to vomit and then pass out after a run. Swim lessons with Sprout are going slightly better. I don't feel like passing out or vomiting, so I've got that going for me. Cousteau appreciates slower walks, when I can manage them, but Havana would like to know when we're running our next 5K.

Ironically as a tiny Wiggle was growing and getting ready to make his/her presence known, I was searching Petfinder.com for another dog. I wasn't sure if I was ready for another dog, if I wanted three dogs, if I could give 3 dogs and 2 kids all the attention they needed. Then there was the whole convincing the husband that we needed a third dog. I'd floated that balloon a few times only to get it quickly shot down.

Then I discovered I was pregnant. It wasn't expected, but certainly it's a pleasant surprise. I realized that this would not be a good time to add another dog to our family, but my thoughts about the baby were amazingly familiar. Was I ready for another baby? Could I really give 3 kids and 2 dogs the attention they need? How can I get DH on board with this? In this case the decision was taken out of our hands and we just need to accept, adjust, and anticipate.

But in a couple of years if we have a dog just fall in our lap, I'm not going to complain...

No comments: